Sunday, March 20, 2011

King Beast, he rides again... (#2)

The return of the bible belt, part two...

I used the same embed tag as last time, it still doesn't work, so here's the direct link once again:
The Night Beast is on the move

I'll write more about this tomorrow maybe, but for now, do you find yourself wanting to buy leather car seats?


[Edit from the next day] :
Well I'm just an overly dramatic little mother fucker aren't I? Hahaha.  When I get drunk I really get in to my practice sessions. I also feel like I sing better if I can force myself to identify with every lyric I sing [although I'm not sure that's the case].
It's a pity that when I'm drunk is the only time I ever feel engulfed in that particular madness which makes me compelled to record my practice sessions with a camera. I guess when I'm sober I know it's probably not the best idea. I think I might have my shit going on just a weency bit better when I'm not totally pissed though. I guess most of these songs specifically aren't that much better though. A lot of these songs I learned how to play when I was quite a bit younger, and I don't really play that much anymore. I just want to play different stuff from last time, for the sake of diversity. It's funny, a good number of these songs I learned how to play, not because it was my favorite song by that particular artist, but for other reasons. Some of my favorite songs are just to hard for me to ever play. Some have lots of drums and piano and wouldn't translate well to just an acoustic guitar.  I don't know, new paragraph...

These videos really help me out a lot though. It's because they help me critique myself tremendously. When I'm just practicing guitar, I'm so in the moment and focusing on what I'm doing, that I don't have time to think about all the stuff that I'm not doing. Watching these has given me the opportunity to pick myself apart and point out the countless aspects of my singing and playing that need more work. With any luck it will be a while before I have the dirty punk-ass nerve to post another self indulgent video of me practicing guitar. If anything, this and that other long, drunken video I posted serve as an excellent mile marker, by which I'll be able to contrast my improvements against in the future. And the next time, It will be triumphantly as I come in the night, conquering and consuming everything in my path...

That was a me giving myself a pep talk, wasn't it...?       ::sigh::      ...woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment