Monday, June 28, 2010

Junk Mail

There is a never ending supply of junk mail that comes to my house every day. My mail box is always cluttered with it. Half of the time it is addressed to some previous resident or just to some generic "Neighbor", "Friend", or "Current Resident". Whether it be magazines, bills, news letters, advertisements, or other various local publications, more often than not it includes some sort of prepaid postage / self addressed / business reply envelope. You might not know what I'm talking about, but I'm sure you've seen them before. They look just like this:



The point I'm getting at is this; We throw these envelopes away with the rest of our junk mail constantly. Use a crayon to draw a picture of your pet cat, write an angry letter to the company that takes all your money each month, send a picture of your family, photocopy your ass, at the very least, put something in it. What a tragic waste it is not to put something in it. They are already addressed... You don't have to pay for postage... All you have to do is stick something in it and it's ready to be sent home. I know what you are thinking, "What good does this do me?". Well its true it might not do you very much good to do this, but think of it as charity work. I'm sure it is someones job to open those envelopes. Someones poor, sad, wretched, miserable existence day in and day out. Think how it might brighten their day, and perhaps it will brighten your own...

No comments:

Post a Comment